We're looking for experienced cooks to join our culinary team full-time under the leadership of Head Chef Jordan Roots and Kitchen Manager Chris Peterka.
You'll be cooking and serving customers from our high volume, counter-service, open kitchen.
Proudly one of the only breweries in Minnesota with our own kitchen, this is your chance to cook with a company that's growing quickly and often in the local spotlight.
Join us to help share the joy of craft beer and food with more people!
- Become fluent on all line stations for lunch and dinner service, with the ability to fully prep and complete all duties as needed.
- Maintain a sanitary and orderly kitchen in accordance with Minnesota Department of Agriculture regulations and appropriate sanitation standards.
- Learn and properly execute all kitchen opening and closing procedures.
- Cooking experience in a high volume kitchen
- Professional appearance
- Adept with common web- and smartphone-based tools of the modern world (email, texting, mobile apps, etc)
- Value working in a collaborative team environment
- Reliable transportation
- Enjoy interacting with guests
- Passionate about local craft beer and food
- Curiosity and the desire to innovate
Nice to Have
- Experience in a lead kitchen or cooking role
- Formal culinary training
- Catering experience
Customer serving time: Base rate of $9.86 per hour plus applicable customer gratuities. Average pay rate with gratuities usually ranges from about $20-24 per hour.
Non-customer serving time including prep and training: $15 per hour
For full-time employees working at least 35 hours per week:
- Great health insurance (eligible after first full calendar month of work)
- Up to two weeks paid time off and two weeks unpaid leave per year (eligible after first 6 months of work)
- Weekly take home beer benefit
- Free shift meal and shift beer
- 50% employee discount on all food, beer and merchandise
- 25% discount for friends & family
Wooden Hill was started by brothers James and Sean Ewen to share the joy of craft beer and food. First open in March, 2018, with a capacity of 220 people, our taproom kitchen grew from a tiny corner of the bar to it's own 300 square feet space of brand new stainless steel awesomeness. We value customer service, innovation, and creating a great place to work together.