We’re growing our culinary team and looking for experienced cooks to join our new kitchen under the leadership of Head Chef/Food Wizard Jordan Roots and Kitchen Manager Chris Peterka.
You’ll be cooking and serving/interacting with customers from our high volume, counter-service, open kitchen. This is a full-time, tipped, benefit-eligible position.
As one of the few production breweries in Minnesota with a taproom kitchen, there is tremendous opportunity for growth. We’re looking for people that share our enthusiasm to take our food program to the next level!
What You’ll Do With Us
- Become fluent on all line stations for lunch and dinner service, with the ability to fully prep and complete all duties as needed.
- Assist Head Chef with the supervision of daily food operations including daily menus, special events, and catering.-
- Assist Head Chef in creating menu items and continuing to evolve the menu.
- Help out in the taproom as needed and keep up with taproom point-of-sale and procedure updates.
- Maintain a sanitary and orderly kitchen in accordance with Minnesota Department of Agriculture regulations and appropriate sanitation standards.
- Responsible for kitchen operations and quality management when Head Chef is absent during service.
- Learn and properly execute all kitchen opening and closing procedures.
- At least 2 years of full-time kitchen experience in a high volume establishment
- Adept with common web- and smartphone-based tools of the modern world (email, texting, mobile apps, etc)
- Enjoy learning and working in a collaborative team environment
- Reliable transportation
- Enjoy interacting with guests
- Passionate about local craft beer and food
- Curiosity and the desire to innovate
Nice to Have
- 2+ years in a lead kitchen/cooking role
- Culinary degree or other formal culinary training
- Fine dining experience
- Catering experience
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- And of course, free beer and food 🙂
Wooden Hill was started by brothers James and Sean Ewen to share their joy of craft beer and food. First open in March, 2018, our taproom kitchen subsequently grew from a tiny corner of the bar to it’s own 300 square feet space of brand new stainless steel awesomeness. We value customer service, innovation, and creating a great place to work.